Guy Kawasaki's 10 pitch deck slides are a widely recognized and respected template for creating a successful pitch presentation. Guy Kawasaki is a well-known VC, tech and marketing specialist, and author in the startup world, particularly known for his role as Apple's Chief Evangelist and his book The Art of the Start 2.0. A pitch deck is a presentation used to raise funds for a business, typically consisting of 10-20 slides that provide a summary of the company, its vision, and its business plan. It is meant to be presented to venture capitalists or other investors in order to secure funding and support for the business.
According to Guy Kawasaki, a pitch should consist of no more than 10 slides and last no more than 20 minutes, with a font size of at least 30 points. His template for a pitch deck includes the following slides:
- Introduction: This slide should include your company name, tagline, and contact information.
- Problem: This slide should describe the problem your company is solving and the market opportunity it represents.
- Solution: This slide should detail how your company is solving the problem described in the previous slide.
- Product: This slide should give an overview of your product or service, including its features and benefits.
- Business Model: This slide should outline how your company plans to make money and how it will reach customers.
- Marketing and Sales: This slide should describe your marketing and sales strategy, including how you plan to reach and acquire customers.
- Competition: This slide should give an overview of the competitive landscape and how your company stands out.
- Team: This slide should introduce your team and highlight any relevant experience or expertise.
- Financials: This slide should provide an overview of your financial projections, including any funding you have received or are seeking.
- Summary: This final slide should summarize your pitch and make a call to action for the audience.
By using this template, you can create a concise and effective pitch presentation that will engage your audience and convince them to invest in your business.